Thursday 20 August 2009

Buongiorno!

(Grande Finale)

Evening loyal followers (up to four, hello Sam!)

Gosh I am tired this week, I can't wait until I finish work and can finally have a holiday (even though after that its back to the world of jobless nothing). Its been raining torrentially today so I thought I'd stay in to rest and catch up with a bit of blogging etc.

On the weekend we visited the 3D2D craft fair in Edinburgh, there was a fair amount of rubbish there but some outstanding art too. Amongst the usual stalls (and some weirder....dogs painted on feathers?!) we came across some amazing printmakers. Peter Standen really caught my eye with his etchings that blended real life with magic and imagination. I fell in love with his picture of Edinburgh all mixed up with whales and volcanoes and allsorts (above). We ended up buying lots of his postcards (some of the most beautiful we saw aren't on his website sadly). I also really liked Cath Outrams still life prints and Patrick liked John Heywoods work.

I also got to see QT's "Inglourious Basterds" yesterday. Amazing fun. I haven't seen such a fun movie in ages. Imagine if that was really what happened in WWII. It was a change from the usual war films that come out (nothing wrong with them), but it was nice to have a sense of humour and spirit back.

What else? I took some photos today in an old lab that isn't used anymore, it looks like it got stuck in time by accident. That was a long post, maybe I will leave it for now. Goodnight.



4 comments:

  1. Ooh cool! I shall go to this arts and craft fair next week!

    Hope you are counting me as a loyal follower? :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh hello Sarah! I didn't know you read my blog! How exciting :) Ah but now I see you have even linked it to your website. I shall link you to mine :)

    The fair was really cool its by the west end of princes street by the church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WHAT EXCELLENT PICTURES LARA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the fair today with Alice and Katy (in Edinburgh for the Fringe) :)

    ReplyDelete